Instances are Linux or Windows-based virtual machines (VMs) that run on top of virtualized hardware in different regions.
- 1.From the Wizard menu in the top left of the control panel, click Create Instance.
- 2.Enter a name (this name will be used for the hostname during the initial creation).
- 3.Choose the desired datacenter region.
- 4.Choose an image, which can be a Linux, Windows, Container or Firewall distribution.
- 5.Choose a plan for your Instance, which determines its RAM, disk space, and vCPUs as well as its price.
- 6.Confirm the network topology. The default is that each instance gets a Floating (Public) IP address and it's reachable on the internet.
- 7.Choose an Keypair (SSH Key, with the + sign a Keypair can be added within the wizard) and leave "User Data" empty (this is only for advanced use cases) and click on Finish to create the instance. For windows based instances you have to specify a password for the default user (Administrator).
- 8.Please wait a few minutes until the instance is ready.
We offer a wide variety of different distribution images you can use for your Instances. Besides regular server operating systems, we also offer container and firewall distributions as listed below.
Instances are available in all regions. They are region-specific resources and can only be assigned within the same region.
- At the moment IPv6 is not supported.